Dezember 12, 2014

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

~ John Lennon

I came across that quote not that long ago and I am just starting to fully grasp its meaning.



Now, if I told you that I wrote that line one and a half years ago, you'd have to admit there is no denying it.

Unfortunately that smart man died 34 years ago a  few days before I was born. That effected my dad so much that he even considered naming me John if I had been a baby boy. Given that I was born in East Germany that would have been a very unusual name!

That quote has proven itself as true almost all of my life.
Want another example?

In May I took two weeks of from work. But instead of going on a long overdue vacation with my husband, I spent the first week preparing for one of my best friend's wedding as her Maid of Honor. The wedding was great! Hopefully I can show you my gift for the couple soon!
By the end of the second week my husband and I finally moved to a new appartment. Not bigger than my old one but so much nicer and cuter. We actually have daylight now and I have a little sewing room!!!
Little did we know that when we signed that contract I wasnt quite alone anymore ;-)
I found out 3 days before the move.



That photo was taken 3 weeks ago.

With about seven weeks to go, I'm very happy to have come so far! Contractions started as early as 24 weeks into the pregancy and resulted in my first ever stay in a hospital. The sofa became my best friend/worst enemy. Finishing the new appartment and sewing stagnated for a very long time.

Weirdly enough I feel the most energetic right now. I could even prepare and take part in a little X-mas bazar last week.

So, life is what happened
when I was planning on writing more posts.
when I was planning on sewing one wallet per day to sell in my shop.
when I was planning on living in that little new appartment for a while before having kids.

But life is GREAT!

34 years after John Lennon died I'm married to a wonderful American, English is almost like my second mother tongue (my husband informed me that you can only have one mother tongue, but I hope you know what I mean) and our child will not only grow up speaking two languages but it will also have an English name and no one will think it's weird!
IMAGINE that!!!

I've learned not to promise that I'll write soon again, but I can hope and try!
By the way, I wasn't totally gone. I read most of your posts daily on my cell phone through the blogger app but it makes it so inconvenient to leave comments.

Please excuse my mistakes today! It's dark, my screen is too bright and I have a pregnant brain ;-)
If I went back to spell check this post I might never press that submit button.

I'll try to go to sleep now. Finding a comfy position is not that easy anymore ;-)

I'd love to hear from you! I missed you!

xo, Sana



12 Kommentare:

  1. Congrats on your baby. I'm glad you are well. All the best with baby ; )

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Excellent news - congrats wishing you all the best

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Such an adorable photo! We have thought about you often so it's so good to see and hear you're well! Looking forward to seeing a photo of the sweet new addition! Much love, Cat

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Congratulations! What wonderful news. Sorry you haven't been feeling well, but glad you are taking care of yourself and your soon to be bundle of joy!!!!!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
    Ich drücke dir die Daumen, dass die letzen sieben Wochen jetzt super werden und dann eine einfache Geburt folgt, und ich bin schon sehr gespannt auf den Namen.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh congratulations! Lovely to hear from you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Congratulations Sana, wonderful news!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Oh, how wonderful. Congratulations, Sana. Are you living in America or Germany?

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Oh my. It has been so long since I read one of your posts, that I forgot how much I enjoyed them. By now you should have a beautiful baby in your life. I hope your days are filled with joy and discovery that little people bring with them.....and that you get to sleep.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. It's been a long time since we were in contact through Star of Africa QB, and it's nice to hear about your happy news. By now you should be living the best age of your life: motherhood. Congratulations and blessings for your baby!

    AntwortenLöschen